How the divorce case proceeds with a cooperative spouse.

The procedure for obtaining your final divorce decree is very simple if your spouse is willing to cooperate by signing an acceptance and waiver.  Once the case is filed in Circuit Court, we send an acceptance and waiver (which is described on the divorce page of this website) to your spouse.  After your spouse has signed the same before a notary public, we then send affidavits to you and your witness which you both sign before a notary public.  Once we receive them back, we send them and your final divorce decree to the judge.  It does take some time after we get it into court for it to be returned because the judge is not in the court every day.  You can trace the progress of your divorce by going online at

Back to Blog Posts